SIDNEY HIGH SCHOOL
Plan for Prom
Facebook Live event at 2:00 on Sidney High School Facebook page.
- Individuals must be either Juniors or Seniors to purchase tickets
- A couple must consist of at least one Junior or Senior (underclassmen can be invited)
- There is no restriction on asking people from outside of Sidney to attend. Out of town guests must be attending an accredited HS. These students must also be attending in-person learning if it is offered by their school district.
- No students that have graduated may attend prom.
- All out of town guests must be in good standing with their current school.
- This means no students may attend who are currently 1908 Opt-Out or guests who are Opt-Out from out of the District.
Grand March - (Doors open at 8:00 Start at 8:30) EDITED START TIME
- At this point, we do not have a capacity limit for events.
- We do ask that anyone planning to attend stay home if they are feeling ill.
- Masks will be mandated for those wanting to attend
- We will stream the grand march on NFHS.
- 1st Round Through
- Couples only.
- Will unmask prior to entering the gym and will be unmasked as they escort each other through the walkway.
- Will mask as soon as they exit the gym to re-line up for 2nd Round
- Couples’ pictures will be provided by a photographer during Grand March.
- We ask that all group pictures be taken care of personally prior to Grand March.
- 2nd Round Through
- Couples typically exchange
- In this round, all participants will be masked throughout.
Dance - Begin following Grand March-end at 11:30 PM
Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Dance
- Take place immediately following Grand March and will only be one song.
- Masks will not be enforced and we will ask that they spread out.
- All spectators will be asked to leave at this point.
- Will take place immediately following Grand March once spectators leave.
- Designated dance floor with appropriate spacing encouraged by chaperones/school personnel.
- Masks will be mandated at all times
- Individuals who refuse will be asked to leave.
- Will be served by masked and gloved student volunteers or pre-packaged
- Designated eating area will be the Multi-Purpose
- 6-foot distance in eating areas and at tables will be enforced
Cleaning and Sanitation
- All cleaning solutions will comply with regulations put in place for the safe reopening of school.
- Multiple stations will be available
- Chaperones/Staff Advisors will encourage students to use sanitizer when possible
- Will be sanitized prior to the event, following the grand march, and once during the dance using a fogging/misting device with an appropriate solution.
Designated Eating Areas
- Tables/chairs will be sanitized between individual use by individuals, staff, or volunteers.
The educational mission of Sidney High School is to foster a safe and supportive environment that cultivates excellence in learning through citizenship, self-discipline, motivation, and positive social attitudes. Cooperation among the school, the home, and the community provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for successful lives and careers.
Sidney High School Office
1012 4th Avenue South East
Sidney, Montana 59270
Fax: 406-433-2481Please check the calendar often for updates.