West Side Elementary
Upcoming Events in November:
Picture retake day is coming to our school November 19th. You can order online at mylifetouch.com using picture day ID: EVT3VGQ93 Masks are required in our building and the photographers will help the kids remove them for the picture.
West Side School Annual Food Drive for the Christmas Coalition and the Local Food Bank
November 16th - 23rd
They need canned vegetables, cereals & boxed desserts
(cake mixes, brownie mixes, jello, etc.)
As an incentive to gather food we will offer a
Pizza Party sponsored by The Depot
for the class in each grade that brings in the most non-perishable items.
~ REMINDER~ Attention Parents:
Please do not drop your student off before 7:45 AM. The playground gates will not open before then. The safety of your student is important to us.
Thank you. ~ West Side Staff ~
Elementary School 2019-20 Yearbooks are on sale now featuring Central School and West Side School. They are $13 each.
Welcome to today is Thursday, October 22, 2020. We hope you have a great day!Grades K - 2 and Preschool1100 5th St SW Sidney, MT 59270Phone: (406)433-2530 Fax: (406)433-9186 .Office Hours are 7AM -4PM .
Transportation rules Effective Immediately: Safety and liability concerns require enforcement of this rule already agreed to on your "Transportation Application" signed earlier in the year. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Rule 1. 1:00 PM is the deadline for notice to schools to change buses. Rule 2. Bus drivers will not allow new, unscheduled riders to board their bus without a note from the school office.
Check out KiwiCo Community resources with an explanation of the Science of handwashing to help kids understand why it's so important.
Infinite Campus has released a new Mobile App. Check it out here!
Attendance Works! Help Your Child Succeed in School!
DID YOU KNOW?
• Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
• Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
• Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
• Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
• Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
• Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
• Find out what day school starts and make sure your child has the required shots.
• Introduce your child to her teachers and classmates before school starts to help her transition.
• Don’t let your child stay home unless she is truly sick. Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
• If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice on how to make her feel comfortable and excited about learning.
• Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor, or another parent.
• Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
West Side School is participating in the Friends of Reynolds fundraising program. When you purchase groceries tell the clerk before they start to scan your purchases that you are supporting West Side School (account 1080) and a % of the sale will come back to our school. If you would like a card, stop by West Side Office to get one!
Expectations: Be Safe; Be Responsible, Be Respectful; Be a Learner
New students to the district are asked to bring their
Birth Certificate, Shot Record, and phone number of the school previously attended.